The Fundamentals of Effective Strategic Planning WorkshopCreating A Shared Vision and Roadmap for Achieving Impact
A well-designed strategic plan provides organizational direction, helps to set priorities, assists with budgeting and resource allocation, and improves overall organizational effectiveness, accountability and decision-making. This interactive workshop provides an easy-to-follow, step-by-step strategic planning process that can be used by any nonprofit. Executive directors and board members will learn the key steps and methodology for building a successful strategic plan.
Participants will learn how to evaluate the external and internal environment of an organization as well as the fundamentals of developing mission statements, setting goals and measurable objectives and identifying activities to be implemented. The workshop provides the basic tools necessary to implement a useful evaluation process that assesses organizational capacity and creates procedures for evaluating strategic outcomes, and sets the groundwork for continued in-depth study of these processes in the Advanced Strategic Planning workshop.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List the benefits of strategic planning
- Identify the key elements of a well-written strategic plan
- Effectively revisit and revise the organization’s mission and vision if applicable analyze the internal and external environment while recognizing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats related to their organization
- Identify the best practices for evaluation and implementation of the plan
- Create an action plan for moving forward with the strategic planning process (a workshop